Serves 4 (1 lamb shank per person)
What you’ll need:
4 lamb shanks
1 tbs oregano
1 tbs paprika
1 tbs chili powder
2 jalapeno peppers sliced
2 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
2 tbs olive oil
½ bottle of a good red table wine
4 cups homemade bone stock (chicken or beef)
1 leek, roughly chopped
6 carrots, quartered
- Preheat oven at 300-degrees.
- Season shanks liberally with salt, pepper, oregano, and paprika, Chili powder, jalapeno peppers. Let marinate for at least 6 hours in the refrigerator.
- Place shanks in a roasting pan with 2 tbs of olive oil and brown for 10 minutes. On the stove top
- Add the leeks and carrots, wine and stock and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Then place uncovered in a 300-degree oven for 3 hours or until done. (depends on the size) Can be garnished with mint leaves.
- Serve with rice and a green vegetable of your choice.
My rice side dish is to die for.
1 cup white basmati rice
½ large red pepper, chopped
1 medium size onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbs olive oil
- Cook 1 cup of basmati white rice.
- Chill rice in the refrigerator for 4 hours minimum.
- Place pepper, onion, and garlic in a shallow roasting pan with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast in a 425-degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place in a container in the fridge.
- 10 minutes before serving the meal…
- Heat up a large sauté pan.
- Add 1 tbs of avocado oil, then add the onion, red pepper and garlic.
- Cook in pan for 2-3 minutes, or until warm.
- Add the cold rice.
- Stir together and mix well for 5 minutes, or until hot.
- Plate and serve.