This Month’s Family Recipes
October 1, 2018 | By Mike Gonet | Filed under: Family Recipes
Herb Roasted Chicken Pieces
(I like this recipe with just thighs the best!)
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 Tbs of avocado oil, or other oil (to brush chicken pieces before coating with herb mixture)
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prep one whole chicken, or 8 individual parts of your liking. You can use whatever parts of the chicken you’d like, white or dark meat or both.
- Make a seasoning base by combining all spices in a bowl. Note: These may be adjusted to personal taste or based on what you have in your kitchen.
- Mix the seasonings together then sprinkle liberally on the oil brushed chicken pieces.
- Place the prepared chicken on a baking sheet or glass baking dish uncovered.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes depending on the size of the pieces.
- Optional: Serve with your favorite green vegetable. I love this with roasted broccoli.
- Also, optional: This goes well with a marinara sauce with your favorite pasta. Top with grated Parmesan or Romano to finish.
A nice Chianti if you have it with the pasta and marinara or a Pinot Noir if you have it with a simple vegetable side dish.